Tuesday, September 30, 2014

September Favorites

Well guys, tomorrow is October (already?!?!), which means it's time for September favorites! September is an odd month here in Montreal, we start to emotionally say goodbye to summer, we prepare for the colder weather and start to get excited for autumn! However, sometimes summer makes a little comeback in September, so it can be tricky to manage and mentally confusing...am I excited it's still summer or can I just not wait for autumn?? (spoiler alert: it's the second one.)




Urban Decay Naked 1 Palette
              Where to start with this palette? If you have been on beauty blog in the past couple of years, I can guarantee you have seen this palette! It’s one of the best neutral palettes out there and I think it’s safe to say it’s a staple in a lot of peoples makeup bags. I came in very late to the Naked palette hype, but I totally understand why it’s everywhere and I fell in love with it the moment I started using it.

Too Faced Boudoir Eyes Palette
              I’ve had this palette for a couple months now and never seemed to reach for it, until I got the Naked palette. They complement each other really well and what you can’t find in one palette you will in the other.

Benefit Hoola Bronzer
              I wear this bronzer everyday, unless I’m wearing no makeup (duh). It’s such an effortless bronzer that goes really well with my skin tone, lasts all day and has great color payoff! Great job Benefit!

Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoo
              I have oily eye lids, therefore, there’s really no point of wearing eye shadow if I don’t wear a primer, because it won’t even last me half the day. On days that I wear darker eye shadow looks I reach for this product as a base. It’s a taupe color, that applies really well, controls my oil, holds shadow really well AND has a great price tag!

Maybelline Falsies + Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara
              These were my 2 go-to mascaras this month. The Falsies gives me great volume and the Lash Blast gives me great length and separation, together they have been working perfectly to give me voluminous fluttery lashes all month long!

Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Polish
              I love gel and shellac nail polish, but I hate the fact that you have to either go to a salon or buy a machine, both of which can be quite expensive. When I say this 2 step gel nail polish on the shelf, I knew I had to have it! I love this red color for autumn, what better season is there to wear burgundy? The black nail polish in the picture is the second step, which is the gel activator part. My nails are very frail and short, so they chip like no tomorrow, but when I wear this gel nail polish, it lasts all week with no chipping!

Bath & Body Works Sweater Weather Candle
              This candle is the perfect autumn scent! The sales clerk at Bath & Body Works told me it’s one of their most popular fall candles, and I can definitely smell why. I’m not very good at describing scents, but to me this smells like a fresh, warm hug!


Now it's time to go snuggle up with a book, some tea, and a warm fuzzy blanket 

Thanks for reading,
-Emily ✿ ♥

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete