Saturday, August 30, 2014

Haul #1


The Body Shop


A few weeks ago The Body Shop was having a sale online and in stores, so I decided to order a few things from their site. I've never really tried anything from The Body Shop, asides from a few hand creams or body butters my friends or family had, so this was the perfect opportunity to try out a few things I found interesting and thought I would like!

 Jumbo Coconut Shower Cream
Extra Virgin Minerals Compact Foundation shade 105 rose ivory
Tea Tree Oil
Mini Chocomania Lip Butter
Brazil Nut Body Scrub
Chocomania Body Butter
%100 Lip Roll-On Rose
All-In-One BB Cream shade 01

Jumbo Coconut Shower Cream

I am seriously in LOVE with this stuff. I personally hate moisturizing my body with lotions because of how it makes my skin feel oily afterwards. I feel like I can't touch anything and I feel super odd wearing clothes , no thank you! This product, however, has changed my life. You put it on in the shower, after yo have washed yourself and exfoliated, let it soak in for a little, rinse it off, and voilà! You are soft and moisturized without all the oily sticky feeling you get with lotions! Life changing.

Extra Virgin Minerals Compact Foundation shade 105 rose ivory

This shade is too light for me at the moment, since it is summer and I do have a bit of a tan, therefore I haven't tried it yet. I did swatch it on the back of my hand though and the texture feels amazing, so I'm really excited to try it out when my skin lightens up!

Tea Tree Oil

I've heard SO many good things about tea tree oil and how fast it clears your skin, so I decided to try it out as my skin did have quite a few spots on it. I didn't feel like this did anything to my face, it didn't reduce redness or swelling, but it didn't make them worse either. I tried it for a few weeks and eventually decided tea tree oil just wasn't effective for my skin!

Mini Chocomania Lip Butter

This lip butter makes your lips soooo soft and moisturized! The scent 'Chocomania' isn't my favorite, but I'll for sure be picking up some other scents as the quality of the lip butter itself is very good. It's also the perfect size for a handbag so it's super handy!

Brazil Nut Body Scrub

If I had to pick my favorite thing from this haul, it would oddly have to be this product. This body scrub has changed my entire shower routine and has made itself a permanent addition! The scent is to die for, it's quite rich and smells like a warm hug. It's more of a fall/winter scent, but I don't care and will use it year round!  It exfoliates your skin really well, it is quite a rough scrub, which not everyone likes, but i actually really like it. The scent lingers on your skin long after your shower, so if you decide to buy a body scrub from The Body Shop, make sure it's a scent you really like!

Chocomania Body Butter

As I mentioned before, I'm not a very big fan of lotions, but I decided to try this one since it was on sale. It leaves your skin very oily and sticky for a really long time after you put it on, however, it does moisturize your skin really well and leaves it incredibly soft. It's not the first lotion I go for but it's not the last either. Probably won't be repurchasing this product if I ever finish it!

%100 Lip Roll-On Rose

This is essentially oil in a roll-on tube and I love it. It makes your lips look so glossy and leaves them really moisturized. I also love how the roll-on bit is metal so it's cold when you apply it! It smells very fresh and floral, which is a nice change from the fruity scent you get with most other lip products. It doesn't last very long, since it is basically oil, but that is my one and only complaint.

All-in-One BB Cream shade 01

This BB cream has become my everyday go-to face product. It comes out white, but contains color changing beads that activate when you blend it in. It leaves a dewy finish, which I really like for during the day as it looks really natural and makes your skin glow! It has light to medium converage, which is perfect for daytime. This lasts all day on my skin with a little bit of powder on my T-zone and I don't have to do touch-ups. I highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a BB cream that is better quality than the drugstore ones, but not as expensive as the high end ones. I'm definitely going to buy the shade 00 for the fall/winter when my tan starts to fade and I can see this product becoming a staple in my makeup collection.

I hope this haul and review gave you a few ideas of products to get from The Body Shop! I'm sure I'll have another haul coming up soon since I shop way too much for my own good and my bank accounts good....opps!

Thanks for reading and I'll see you guys soon!

-Emily ✿ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment