Friday, September 26, 2014

My Favorite Foundations

My Top 5 Foundations

The Body Shop All-In-One BB Cream - $20
True Match LUMI - $11.99
Rimmel London Wake Me Up - $19.95
The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals - $25
L'Oreal Paris Magic BB - $15.99
The Body Shop All-In-One BB Cream
              This is the best BB cream I have ever tried. It gives you such a dewy, glowing finish that is very natural, and not oily looking. I have oily skin, so dewy products tend to be a problem for me, because they make me look extra oily, not extra glowing. However, this BB cream I have no problem with and is one I use all year round. I don’t like to wear very heavy foundations or BB creams, I tend to sheer the out quite  bit, however, if you wear quite a thick layer of foundation or BB cream on your face, I wouldn’t recommend this one because it can look quite orange at times. I have shade 00 for the winter and shade 01 for the summer. 

True Match Lumi Foundation
              This foundation is my current favorite foundation. The color my skin so well, it is dewy but can be easily matted with powder, it lasts all day and it blends super easily. I honestly can’t think of anything bad about this foundation. I even love the packaging (having a pump on your foundation bottle always makes it a million times better)! I wear the shade C3.

Rimmel London Wake Me Up
              The Wake Me Up collection is all around amazing. I wear the concealer every time I wear makeup and the foundation is also amazing. This is a pretty popular drug store foundation that I’ve heard a bunch of bloggers rave about and it certainly isn’t new to the market. It’s just a solid dewy, medium coverage foundation, that I think suits most people. I have the shade 303, but this is my summer color, so I need to go get another one in a lighter shade for the winter.

The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Liquid Foundation
              This one reminds me very much of the Rimmel London Wake Me Up foundation, in the way that it is a solid dewy, medium coverage foundation, and they have very similar consistencies. The only problem I have with this one, is the same problem I have with the BB cream from The Body Shop as well, which is that it can be a little orange in color. This is probably because I am cool toned, whereas the Body Shop most likely caries more warm toned foundations and BB creams. Overall, it is a good foundation, but I think you could go for the Wake Me Up foundation for the same quality for less expensive.

L’Oreal Paris Magic BB Cream
              Finding a good BB cream at the drug store, that isn’t just a very lightly tinted moisturizer, can be quite difficult. This BB cream, however, is light coverage but you could easily build it up to a medium coverage. The thing I like the most about this product is the fact that it’s a matte BB cream, there aren’t a lot of these on the market, since BB creams are marketed as moisturizing and nourishing, therefore they are more often than not dewy. I wear the shade Medium.

Thanks for reading and I'll see you guys soon!

-Emily ✿ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment